Well, she’s been on it for a while… like everybody, since Google is now ubiquitous in our digital lives she had one of those accounts that nobody had visited, including herself.
But today she uploaded a pic (a first sign that you actually EXIST on G+) and a background pic and so forth.
So I’m here to make some observations on this momentous occasion (I would encourage you to buy Google stock if it’s available, because this unknown company is now bound to take off at this point.)
I encourage all my geeky G+ friends and “circles” to share with her the kinds of stuff they share with me, such as:
1) How Android is so much better than iOS (I remain unconvinced, but as a MacHead I enjoy the devils advocacy).
2) Semi-hourly updates on Project Glass.
3) Cat Memes.
4) Painful funniest-home-video-style Gifs.
5) Pictures of handsome Hugh Jackman that he posted himself, in order to prove he’s handsome.
6) Bizarre outer-space stuff . . . . . . . . . . SCIENCE!
7) Video Gaming Updates based on the twitter leaks of some 19 year old Korean programmer.
8) Anything Mashable, Gizmodo, Wired, Lifehacker, Engaget, or TechCrunch posted today.
9) Star Wars speculation and rumors related to the new films.
10) Sci-Fi movie trailers.
Okay, maybe my wife isn’t going to like G+ as much as I do, except for #5.
Anyway… I do so very much love G+ — Other than #5 I love all that G+ has to offer. Its embedded Googlish features can’t be beat, its layout is great, the app is 48,000 times better than the Facebook app. It is the kind of thing that makes me want to give all my information away to some massive global conglomerate so they can advertise to me more efficiently (which is good, because that’s exactly what’s already happening.)
Bottom line: G+ is my favorite social network that isn’t Twitter. And now my wife is on it. So it’s freaking awesomer.
Happy Birthday honey! This one’s for you:
Welcome to G+